Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Been missing Mt. Maculot's Rockies and Tatay Perying's Kapeng Barako of Manabu Peak

Its been 2 years when the last I set foot on the Rockies of Mt. Maculot. I while ago, when I was browsing the internet. I ended up looking into some picture of Mt. Maculot from a friend's album on my facebook account. I already climb this mountain 5 times and still I want to climb it again and again. I love the view of Taal volcano as seen from the rockies. A breathtaking view of Tagaytay and the rest of the province of Batangas. It is a 2 hour of trek and easily to get upto the campsite and rockies since the trail is well established. One day I am looking forward to climb this mountain again and hopefully I can do the traverse with my group Kawangis. 

Resting on rockies
View of  Taal Lake and the rest of Batangas Province
Magnificent Sunset
 
On the other hand, there this mountain lying on the Batangas province, and easily accessible from Alabang. The jump off point will commence from a small baranggay called Sulok. This mountain is famous for its mountain caretaker and his very famous "Kapeng Barako". Been climbing this mountain 9th times and still I want to visit it over and over again. The trail is very established and it is a 2 hour of trek depending on your pace. I am looking forward to visit Manabu Peak again and have some coffee break and a little chit chat with Tatay Perying. And hopefully our group can do clean up drive for this mountain.

Breakfast at campsite
Manabu Peak
Kawangis Core

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog List