Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mt. Apo Kapatagan-Kidapawan Traverse

Mt. Apo is the highest mountain in the philippines and every mountaineers' "a dream to climb". On February 2010 I received a message coming from a friend informing about the promo of Cebu Pacific on its domestic flight. He said that we have to book for a flight to Davao so we can climb Mt. Apo. Without a hesitation, I said yes, I reserved 2 tickets. Good thing is I have saved money. By that time, we have 9 months of preparation to the said climb. Each day passing, both I and Mheann are really getting excited. We then create a list of thing that had to be bought. On the day before our flight, i wasn't able to report on work because of the excitement for I was thinking that I should be resting for that day because the day of the climb would be a tough one.

DAY 0

NAIA Terminal 3 with climb buddies.
Photo courtesy of Sir Reynerr
Arrival @ Davao International Airport
Mheann @ Davao International Airport
DAY 1


Off to Mainit Jumpoff
Mhean @ Mainit jumpoff
Majestic view of Mout Apo
Luch @ Baroring
Clifford scaling Mt. Apo
DAY 2


Morning at Goody Goody Campsite
Entry point to boulders




Our guide Sir Rodel
Feels like heaven


Take 5


Mheann @ boulders and sulfur vents




Majestic View of sunset as seen from the summit of Mt. Apo




Sea of Clouds, Mt. Apo Summit


Boulders and The Little Apo






Sea of clouds, Mt. Apo Summit


Philippines' roof top, Mt. Apo Summit


Mt. Apo Boulders facing Davao


Old crater


Day 3







Packing up things and getting ready for descend


Mheann @ Lake Venado


Mheann, early morning @ Mt. Apo campsite




Freezing cold water of Lake Venado


Our crib, Mt. Apo campsite


Lake Venado


Mt. Apo Summit as seen from Lake Venado


Photo taken a Lake Venado after descending at the summit campsite



This is the greatest experience on my entire mountain climbing as for now hehehe.

3 comments:

  1. GANDA NG APO!!! and Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! I'm one of those people who wants to experience this. But time, money and health issues won't allow me for now. I'm hoping one day!

    By the way, that last image.. what bug is that? I like it, because I haven't seen it before!

    Hopefully, I'll be able to visit not only Kidapawan again but actually climb it. But this year. I have to go to Surigao and on a very tight budget. It suck bad! I've been postponing this climb for 2 years now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog List